Saturday, December 6, 2008

Rally

I went downtown on Thursday to see what sort of spectacle the pro-coalition rally would be. It was loud and the people were very enthusiastic. Even the anarchists showed up. They tried to counter rally, but I think their message got lost. In fairness, I thought I'd check out the anti-coalition rally today, but when I got there (at a time when I thought the rally would be in full fervor)all I found was one idling short bus plastered with propaganda placards and a few people loitering about. Not the enthusiastic rally I expected. Maybe the inclement weather drove the supporters to shelter, or maybe they just think they won, and didn't bother showing up. Either way, these pictures are from the pro-coalition rally that took place here in London, Thursday afternoon. If anyone can give an explanation behind the anarchist's symbols (circle-e and circle-r)leave a comment, I'm curious.

*Update 12/07/08 - According to the newspaper, they "gathered by the hundreds" to rally here in London. I was just late.







0 comments:

Post a Comment